Now in it's TWELFTH year, Presented by the CSULB eSports Association, BeachCon is California State University, Long Beach’s premier culture festival dedicated to celebrating the gaming & culture community at CSULB and beyond.
Join us for our most exciting BeachCon yet, with a FREE WEEKEND full of jam-packed activities!
- Open free play LAN
- Collegiate Meetup Opportunities
- Esports/Gaming Tournaments
- [ SoCal Keyboard Artisan Meetup ]
- Artist Alley
- Cosplay Contest
- Live gaming demos
- Food Trucks
- MORE FOOD!
- And MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!
THIS IS A BYOC EVENT (Bring Your Own Computer/Console)
WHO: Open to EVERYONE of ALL AGES!!
WHERE: CSULB Walter Pyramid
WHEN: Saturday March 4th & Sunday March 5th
TIME: Saturday (noon to 2 A.M.), Sunday (10 A.M. - 8 P.M.)
SATURDAY: Overwatch, CS:GO, Melee, Street Fighter V
SUNDAY: League of Legends, Hearthstone, Pokemon Sun & Moon, Smash 4, Guilty Gear: Xrd -Revelator-
- SATURDAY: Cosplay Contest Presented by the CSULB Anime Club
- SUNDAY: SoCal Keyboard Meetup (Come show off your custom keyboards and keycaps!)
- SUNDAY: Pokemon Sun & Moon tournament
- BOTH DAYS: Artist Alley and Live Game Demos presented by Anime Club and the Video Game Development Association
PRIZING & GIVEAWAYS (TO BE ANNOUNCED):
**NOTE: All attendees receive a FREE Raffle ticket at the door!**
COST OF EXTRA TICKETS: $1
PC TOURNAMENTS (ONLINE QUALIFIERS TBA)
- League of Legends 5v5: [Registration Closed]
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive 5v5: [Registration Closed]
- Overwatch 6v6: [Registration Closed]
- Hearthstone 1v1 (onsite): [ Registration ]
FIGHTING GAMES (ONSITE): [ Registration ]
***NOTE: All fighting game tournaments must register through smash.gg and have a tournament fee of $5 ($5.50 through paypal)***
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Singles (1v1)
- Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles (1v1)
- Street Fighter V (PS4) 1v1
- Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- (PS4)
Check-in starts promptly at NOON on Saturday and 10 a.m. on Sunday. NO ONE is allowed to enter the venue unless designated at registration.
- Attendees are able to check in at ANY time of the day
- Make sure to present your Eventbrite registration in the form of a PRINTED TICKET or QR code from eventbrite on your phone!
- ALL ATTENDEES MUST RSVP THROUGH EVENTBRITE [ HERE ]
- All attendees will receive a NEON Orange wristband and one FREE raffle ticket at registration
- Your wristband and passes serve as your entry into the venue, you are able to leave and return to the venue as you please as long as you have your wristband or passes!
****NOTE: If you check in once on Saturday, you do NOT have to check in again for Sunday! Be sure to keep your wristband all weekend!****
FOR CSULB RESIDENTS
Make sure to have your STUDENT ID and your dorm location, the Housing Techs will be checking in you guys AFTER you receive your neon orange wristband at the front!
- This is a BYOC event - we encourage everyone to bring whatever game and setup they'd like!
*** NOTE: The BYOC is on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS as we have LIMITED space!***
- If you are bringing PC's (allowed for both free play and tournament), make sure to check in at the Equipment Desk. ALL PERSONAL EQUIPMENT MUST HAVE A LABEL!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Please check the schedule tab menu.
DIRECTIONS &ersand; PARKING (FOR NON-STUDENTS)
- The Pointe at the Walter Pyramid is located on the corner of Atherton Street and Merriam Way, directly below the Walter Pyramid. Enter campus via Merriam Way.
- If you do NOT have a CSULB Permit, PARKING is $7 all day on campus. Purchase permits at a nearby Yellow Kiosk. Preferred parking can be found either in Lot 13 in front of the Pyramid or Parking Structure 1.
- View Parking map [ HERE ]
SNACKS will be available, please check out our Facebook RSVP for our lineup of awesome onsite FOOD TRUCKS (open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day!)
- GIVEAWAYS are open to ALL ATTENDEES!
****We are selling extra raffle tickets for $1 each at the raffle counter. Proceeds from each ticket will go towards charity!****
- Please refer to the schedule within the next day or two for an updated RAFFLE SCHEDULE.
*****NOTE: Raffle tickets will be thrown out at the end of each day. YOU MUST BE PRESENT to receive your prize!****
- This event is located on campus grounds.
- Weapons and unruly conduct will NOT be tolerated.
- We will also not allow pets (therapy/service pets allowed!) due to the smaller venue space.
- Please view http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/ for more information
REGISTRATION is still available for the following
Have a general question? Drop us a line via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us on Facebook! [Here]
Prospective Exhibitors, Sponsors & Media: Email email@example.com
DIRECTIONS & PARKING INFORMATION:
The Pointe is located on Atherton Street, directly below the Walter Pyramid. Enter campus via Merriam Way.
- FROM THE 22/405: Exit and make a left on Palo Verde, right on Atherton, left onto Merriam
***Parking is $7 for the whole day in Lot 13 in front of the Pyramid. Purchase permits at the YELLOW dispensers***
Map available [HERE]